- 320g water (boiling hot from jug)
- 100g cooking salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 280g plain flour
- 15g coconut oil
- Food colouring to suit
- (Depending on the brands of ingredients used you may need to add more flour)
- Put Salt in TM bowl and mill Speed 9, 3 seconds. Depending on the brand of salt you use you may need a little longer – you want it to look like a fine powder.
- Put cream of tartar in and then add water. Heat for 3 minutes at 60 degrees on Speed 3.
- Once finished, look to make sure that all your salt has been dissolved, give a little stir with the spatula and heat for a further 2 minutes at 60 degrees on Speed 3.
- Add flour and mix for 20 – 40 seconds or until well combined on Speed 3.
- Add coconut oil, set dial to closed lid. Interval Speed 1 – 2 minutes – you are looking for small pebble like consistency.
- I then like to add food colouring in a separate bowl and knead together as I find if I knead in the Thermomix it dries out too quickly – that being said wear some disposable gloves if you don’t want rainbow hands!
Suggestion: Once kneaded to the colour consistency you want, you can wrap the dough in baking paper and then pop it in a zip lock bag until you find some suitable pots to put them in.