This recipe is from Thermomix Spain, from their November 2014 magazine. I love the seasonal character of it, and the fact that you use the pumpkin as your bowl. This recipe serves 6. A nice accompaniment would be some simple boiled or steamed white rice.
1000g medium uncooked prawns
1 medium pumpkin (around 3kg)
100g parmesan cheese in chunks
250g mascarpone cheese
250g fromage frais
3 garlic cloves
150g onion in quarts
150g bell peppers (red and green) in large pieces
2 tbs tomato concentrate
200g coconut milk
10g minced parsley or minced coriander
2 pinches ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Peel prawns, reserve 6 without peeling, and reserve the heads and shells. Slice off the top of the pumpkin, and with the help of a spoon remove the seed and the interior threads. With your hands, grease the outside of the pumpkin with some oil, and cover the pumpkin with aluminium foil and leave it to rest upside down on the oven tray.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes or until the flesh is cooked.
- Put the parmesan cheese in the bowl and grate 2s, speed 10.
- Add the mascarpone and the fromage frais and mix 15 s, speed 5. Put this cream of cheeses into a bowl. Wash and dry the TM bowl.
- Put 1 garlic clove in the TM bowl with the EVOO. Chp 3 s, speed 7 and fry it 5 min, Varoma, speed 1.
- Add the 6 unpeeled prawns and sautee 3min, Varoma, reverse speed, speed spoon. Remove the prawns, leaving the oil in the TM bowl.
- To the TM bowl add the heads and shells of the prawns and sautee 4 min, Varoma, speed 2. Strain by inserting the steaming basket into the bowl and collect the prawn oil. Wash the TM thoroughly.
- In the TM put the prawn oil, 2 garlic cloves, onion, peppers and tomato concentrate. Chop 5s, speed 5 and sautee 5 min, Varoma, speed 1.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the coconut milk and add it to the TM bowl. Add 150g of your cream of cheeses, 5g parsley, salt and pepper. Programme 3min, 100C, speed 2.
- Add the peeled prawns and heat up 5 min, Varoma, reverse blade, speed spoon.
- Spread the inside of the pumpkin with 300g of your cream of cheeses. Pour the contents of the TM bowl into the pumpkin and add the remaining cream of cheeses.
- Put it in the oven 20 minutes at 180C. When it is ready , remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley and decorate with the reserved whole prawns. Serve immediately.