Decadent, original, easy and gluten free! Need I say more… Thank you to Honey and Co for the recipe. I have adapted it for Thermomix here. Personally, I like the Tahini cream so much that I prefer to make the cookies single, and use the tahini cream as icing on top.
40g unsalted butter
250g 70% dark chocolate
150g light brown soft sugar
20g cocoa powder
50g 70% dark chocolate chopped
40g tahini paste
50g full fat cream cheese
50g double cream
25 g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C and line two trays with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a double steamer. Meanwhile insert butterfly whisk, whisk the egg whites to soft white peaks, speed 3.5 for a few seconds, add the sugar a few spoonfulls at a time through the lid whilst still beating at 3.5 speed. When the sugar is incorporated, add the cocoa powder and chocolate chunks and fold with the TM spatula.
- Make about 14 heaps of cookie dough on the baking trays using a piping bag or two spoons. Leave at least 5cm between cookies. Bake for 9 minutes until crusty but still very soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray.
- Now make the filling. In a clean TM bowl, insert the whisk, put all the cream ingredients in, and mix at speed 3 for just 3 seconds (it will depend on how cold your cream cheese etc. is). Be careful not to over mix. You want a smooth, creamy consistency that still holds its shape.
- Pair the cookies, spread a spoonful of the tahini cream on one and top the sandwich the the other cookie.
- These cookies will last in the fridge for a few days.