This is a recipe from Quirky Cooking that you just have to try if you want something indulgent but almost good for you. It has NO added sugar, only dark chocolate, and NO flour, so it is even GLUTEN FREE!! It has been road tested on children and sophisticated adults and they all give it the thumbs up. I find if I cut it into cute little squares they feel more special… For the picture, I did not go for the sophisticated look. My kids and their friends were about to eat them so speed was of the essence.
200g 70% Dark Chocolate
130g Medjool dates, pitted
180g cold pressed organic coconut oil (for the picture, and for my family, I make this with only 100g oil, not as gooey as the real deal but we like it)
30g coconut flour
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre heat oven to 190C. Line a square 22cm pan with baking paper. I use two 22 cm strips, and I place one over the other like a cross to line the tin.
- Put the chocolate in large chunks in the TM bowl. 10 sec, speed 9.
- Add the dates. 15 sec, speed 10.
- Add the oil. Cook 5 min, 60C, speed 2.
- Add all other ingredients. 20sec, speed 8. Scrape down the sides. 10 sec, speed 6.
- Pour onto the tin, pop in the oven 18 minutes. Bring out of the tin by pulling up the two strips of baking paper. Let it cool, and cut to taste.