I just presented this recipe along with Pistachio and Lemon Shortbread and Cardamon and Rosewater Poached Pears to my Thermomix Advisors group. These three recipes have been winners at home and with friends and they proved a winner with my fellow advisors.
An alluring banana bread with lovely aromas that fill your house when you bake it. The twist is that it has a much lower glycemic index than typical banana bread, and it packs extra essential fatty acids, fiber and protein with the addition of linseed and hemp. It keeps very well and it makes for great slices to put in packed lunches. Original recipe:”Superfood Kitchen” by Julie Morris. Makes one large loaf.
70g Almond milk
230g Wholewheat flour (spelt, etc)
35g Lucuma powder
1tsp baking soda
1tbs baking powder
3/4tsp sea salt
45g coconut oil, plus some some for coating the pan
90g coconut sugar
40g agave nectar
1/2tsp coconut extract (optional)
3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed
70g hemp seeds
1. Mill your flax seed in the TM, 5, 20s, speed 10. Tip into small bowl. Put bowl onto TM lid and weigh the almond mik in it. Leave the linseed steeping there for 5-10 min to plump up.
2. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease your loaf tin (25, 15, 7cm) with coconut oil.
3. Put coconut oil in TM bowl, melt it 1 min, 100C, speed 1. Now add coconut sugar, the flax mixture, agave nectar, coconut extract, mashed bananas. 20 seconds speed 4. Now let’s add the dry ingredients to the TM bowl: flour, lucuma powder, mesquite powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend it together 10 seconds speed 3. Scrape down the inside of the bowl, program 10 seconds speed 3.
4. Now fold in your hemp seeds with the spatula.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf tin. Sprinkle one tablespoon of coconut sugar over the top. Bake 45-50 min until the top is brown and a tester comes out clean.
6. Leave to cook out of the tin on a rack. It will keep for a week if you wrap it in cling film.